A MESSAGE

Dear friends, I am still firm on NOT USING FACEBOOK, ORKUT, TWITTER and SKYPE. If i ever change my mind I certainly will let you know. Those of you who want to get in touch with me certainly can leave a message in any of my blogs.

I blog to write, I DONT USE MY BLOGS FOR ANY KIND OF COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES . Though just like any persons who writes I too will love to see my works published but ....

I update these three blogspot blogs atleast once a month and the four wordpress blogs almost every day, so any one can check on these blogs to confirm if I am still in blogsphere: http://suryagni.blogspot.com; http://suryakana.blogspot.com; http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://magicthought.wordpress.com; http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com; http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com; http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com ...... sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)


In the end i will request all my regular readers to just take a look in this piece of writing, so they act a little more cautiously.

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html



Thursday, October 2, 2008

snobs

We will see them all around us, everywhere. There are a lot of ways to point them out if we try. My instincts say keep away from these people, because they are the worst thing that can ever happen to human society.

I am a reader, reader by choice, one of those people who read a lot but just according to their fancy, no methodical reading for me.

I stumbled upon MSN archive in 2006 and am here ever since. There are few really good writers, and some amateurs, I really hope that in future the editorial team will grade the articles before publishing them. That will help us in selecting articles. Some times we miss good articles, foot falls hardly count in assessing a good article. I have another request, they can give this website a professional touch keeping in mind the huge footfalls its creating. So many writers and their friends and colleagues must be regular viewers of the site. So they can make it a little more professional and give it a special touch, like making the list of authorwise article more complete and accessible etc, and categorizing the articles and authors.

Well back to the original topic, snobs, I will only pick out three topics, all three are based on the articles I have read in MSN one is the response to terrorism. As a normal human being I too condemn any sort of terrorism. That’s but natural, but exactly the reason for which I condemn terrorism, I condemn the killing of terrorists too. They are also human beings, misguided but human being, they need psychiatric treatment not bullet. Food on their plate, social upliftment. Those who preach these people patriotism, have they ever seen the penury in which Muslims live? They don’t have minimum facilities, yet they are honest at the most. I have seen muslims from close sector, so I wont take any superficial preaching from any one. These people who bay for the blood of terrorists may be termites in real life, taking bribe, doing other criminal things, killing the country silently, but they put up a mask and pelt the first stone. Where as people like Dr. Vaidyanathan who have been doing constructive things for years look for a peaceful way out for everyone. Should we all not be looking for that?

Second is male bashing, yes, I am a woman, and quite proud to be one, I am one of those women who did not married by choice because I don’t need any man to take care of me. But if I had I would have married a demand-less guy, would not have expected him to carry me like a burden, I would have loved to have a daughter instead of son. But even after being extremely proud of my gender, I will never deny the fact that in married life either the husband is abused or the wife, atleast one them is the ruler of the roost. There are hand-counted relationships where both treat each other as equals. So why do men try to prove that only they are abused and vice versa? Its utterly ridiculous in my eyes. Come on, my comment is based on my own experiences and I don’t belong to Mars. Is it not abuse to taunt one’s wife every alternate day for not bringing dowry? Is it not abuse to taunt one’s husband every day for not earning as much as her brother in law does? Or not setting up an accommodation separately? When we deny truth and pretend we are right and every one else (even if he is speaking the truth) is wrong, then we become snob. No matter how loud we cry, we will not become true, we will stay snob.

Third one is the worldly acknowledged gay/lesbian community. I have written about them a couple of times. And received some harsh comments. That only showed the snobbery which rules Indian mindset. My only question is gay/lesbians are hated all over India like they are doing some thing extremely loathsome. What if they feel the same about straights? Do these people who hate them so much are rinsed with milk? The scary rate of sexual crime does not say so. Forget about the unreported ones. Most of these crimes are done by straights, not gay/lesbians. What about that?

Will the world should not be far better if we look inside our souls and clean it before picking up the stone and pelting it at others?

Lately the trend of Indian society seems to be concentrating on the faults of others, ignoring their own lacking? Every where we will hear about corruption, but if all these people who talk against corruption were honest themselves, would it have been possible that the level of corruption had been so high in the country?

If all these people who talk about discrimination against women, abuse of human rights, evils of dowry and caste system were speaking through their actions these things would have been on the verge of eradication by now.

We have copied so much from West, now we can learn some ethics from them, how to live without wearing mask. How to be inside out.

No comments: