A MESSAGE

Dear friends, I am still firm on NOT USING FACEBOOK, ORKUT, TWITTER and SKYPE. If i ever change my mind I certainly will let you know. Those of you who want to get in touch with me certainly can leave a message in any of my blogs.

I blog to write, I DONT USE MY BLOGS FOR ANY KIND OF COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES . Though just like any persons who writes I too will love to see my works published but ....

I update these three blogspot blogs atleast once a month and the four wordpress blogs almost every day, so any one can check on these blogs to confirm if I am still in blogsphere: http://suryagni.blogspot.com; http://suryakana.blogspot.com; http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://magicthought.wordpress.com; http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com; http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com; http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com ...... sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)


In the end i will request all my regular readers to just take a look in this piece of writing, so they act a little more cautiously.

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html



Sunday, October 12, 2008

Twisted jealousy

Twisted form of jealousy is most highlighted by human civilization, we usually think that jealousy means destructive jealousy. I already discussed that there can be a thing called harmless jealousy. It may be more intense than destructive jealousy, but does not causes any harm, but often profits the person who carries it.

Destructive jealousy is the reason behind this passion being looked down upon, or the reason why people hate jealous people, or keep away from them.

This nature is quite common, its not a freak incident that one sibling tiptoes in another’s room while she is in college and splatters some drops of ink on her favourite dress, because every one complimented her how gorgeous she looked in that dress, while no one complimented her. We can get hundreds of example from people around us. I used to know a woman who had millions of qualities but she was so blindly jealous of her younger sister’s looks that she left no stone unturned to ruin her, and finally succeeded.

Most of the jealousies are more or less destructive, just like any blind passion jealousy too has a strange way of taking unchartered, ugly courses. Like a thing which started as a jealous tiff ended up in a life scarring damage. Jealousy is a power which if turned to positive direction it always makes us a better person, and if turned to the negative direction it makes a demon out of a normal person.

The happiest hunting field of jealousy is career world. Because, here it can experiment on various grounds, looks, charisma, expertise …. the list never ends. And this is the place where objects of jealousy suffer most. Because career world does not have moral obligations, we don’t have to answer our loved ones why we ruined our sister’s favourite dress. We can do whatever we want there, and then return home to our loved ones after completely whitewashing ourselves.

You will hear so many stories, those of you who cant convince others that you are suffering from someone’s hidden jealousy, let me share a story to make you confident, if not those who don’t trust you.

One of my close friends used to work for a really big company, in the post of senior marketing executive, he was heading for the post of branch head, he had to make an presentation and hold it the very next day. He stayed up late and prepared the presentation and made the blunder of not keeping a copy with him, the next day when he turned up a couple of hours before time, he saw that some one has formatted his machine, no one could find it out who has done it, but some body did. He managed that presentation by making a patchwork type of presentation. But, he immediately changed the job. Still that incident was a black spot on his till date spotless career. No one will believe that one of your colleagues formatted your machine without any rhyme or reason, will they? But this is how jealousy works. Normal people will never understand how jealous mind works, and that gives them an undue advantage.

No one can change a jealous person’s nature, he will have to do it himself, he will have to choose whether he will take the positive route or negative route to appease this demon. Being a full blooded leo, I have this passion in full fledge, but ever since my early childhood I have taken care that I mould it to the positive direction. I always used to compete with those who were better than me and invest my energy in not pulling them down but upgrade myself. People often compliment me on my handwriting, when I was in class four, a girl of my class had marvelous handwriting, the entire class was crazy about that, that made me practice eight to ten pages of handwriting each (for Hindi, English and Bengali) per day for next four years, as a result my writing was almost always without mistake. I think its alright to be jealous, but its disgusting to hurt or harm the object of jealousy.
In the end, I don’t know how to combat the jealousy of a jealous person, wont mind a few tips on that account.

No comments: