A MESSAGE

Dear friends, I am still firm on NOT USING FACEBOOK, ORKUT, TWITTER and SKYPE. If i ever change my mind I certainly will let you know. Those of you who want to get in touch with me certainly can leave a message in any of my blogs.

I blog to write, I DONT USE MY BLOGS FOR ANY KIND OF COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES . Though just like any persons who writes I too will love to see my works published but ....

I update these three blogspot blogs atleast once a month and the four wordpress blogs almost every day, so any one can check on these blogs to confirm if I am still in blogsphere: http://suryagni.blogspot.com; http://suryakana.blogspot.com; http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://magicthought.wordpress.com; http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com; http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com; http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com ...... sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)


In the end i will request all my regular readers to just take a look in this piece of writing, so they act a little more cautiously.

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Arrogance

It is usually called vice but I think that it can work as a friend or foe, depending on how we use it. If we want to live an isolated life in the crowd, it can work wonder. We all have to live in the society, but all of us are not social, some of us want to live a reserved life, and over curious people make the life of these solitude seekers miserable.

Politeness does not work with every one, there are too many overcurious people, who will not put full stop to their questions. They don’t care about the feeling or disapproval of others. They will just ask questions and forget the answers within half an hour, and will ask again.

To elaborate further, I can share a personal experience, I will never forget a woman and her daughter, I was a tenant in their house just after my mother passed away, they used to barge their entry in my rooms ten times a day and the major topic of their discussion was the detailed story of my mother’s passing away. Their curiosity never ended, they used to ask the same question every alternate day ignoring the extreme pain they were causing, finally I had to take up the above stance, instead of giving polite answers to their cruel questions I started to show them cold shoulder and a great deal of arrogance.

It worked wonders on my mental peace, even though they broadcasted to every one they knew that I was arrogant, but I was happy. They stopped asking me those extremely painful questions because they knew I wont answer. And after observing its success I started to use this mask. These days, wherever I go, I only answer what I feel like answering. In case of normal people the answer is true, but in case of overcurious people the answer is not necessarily the truth. I just say whatever pleases me, or whatever crosses my mind. My simple policy is to know my personal details you will have to prove you are earnest and worthy. There are so many people in this world who live their life as quiz masters, the sole reason behind their existence seems to ask people questions.

You can never know when the information you have innocently shared will be used against you. So, its really wise in today’s overcrowded world to keep our mouth shut. We have to mix with at least a couple of dozens people on daily basis, its better to maintain a smile and hi for most of them, and chit chat with the remaining. Only time will tell who are worthy of being shared our personal details with. Our best friends can become our worst enemies overnight and use our secrets against us, forget about casual acquaintances who don’t feel any moral obligation toward us. In case of majority people arrogance works wonder, it gives you some time to select the people you want to mix with.

You can always use arrogancy as a weapon to keep people you don’t like to keep away from you without hurting their ego, and turning them into your enemy. Because they will be able to openly call you wrong and disgusting, but will keep away from you all the same. And allow only those you like to get near you.

No comments: